Who we are
How we work
Find and enhance existing live ops engines to build games with strategic partners quicker and more efficiently
Games-as-a-service focus designed to be dynamic, engaging and constantly evolving based on live KPIs
Designed with mechanics and systems that drive long term competition and engagement
As a Hit Factor studio, Ion Games is focused on bringing grand strategy to the blockchain, and is thrilled to be working closely with Gala Games to develop Echoes of Empire, a sci-fi 4X strategy game like no other.
Join our team
Hit Factor is looking for a Senior 3D Artist for one of our unannounced game titles. As a Senior 3D Artist you will have the opportunity to get your hands on every aspect of the art production pipeline. The Senior 3D Artist works closely with the Art Director and Technical Leads to define visual standards and technical specifications of assets for the project, you will create and implement benchmark quality digital artwork meeting the art direction criteria.
The Senior 3D Artist ensures that the creative content of our projects is delivered to the highest standards. In most cases, you collaborate closely with colleagues from other disciplines to ensure on-time and high-quality achievement of our milestone goals. You set the quality bar and provide artistic, technical guidance, coaching and mentoring to others on how to achieve it.
The team is a highly functioning, agile and small team so you must show abilities in open communication, collaboration, self-awareness and respect to safeguard our creative culture.
The ideal candidate proactively seeks opportunities to elevate the game, embraces constructive feedback, and thrives in a highly collaborative and open environment.
- Work with the Art Director to refine the look and feel for the project.
- Guarantee visual consistency by understating and following the art style guide.
- Work with Technical Art, Engineering and other artists to develop the art and animation creation and integration pipeline.
- Collaborate with Technical Art to create and improve tools and workflows.
- Completing 3D art assets to a high standard without technical supervision.
- Reviewing of assets to maintain consistent quality level and artist feedback.
- Document and communicate technical specifications and visual guides to support game vision.
- Being completely self-critical in assessing the quality of your output and doing so at every stage of the art creation process.
- Actively participate in milestone planning and reviews.
- Provide mentorship for junior team members.
- Portfolio demonstrating full environment work (not just props) in both 3D software and game engine covering; modeling, surfacing, texturing and lighting.
- Full proficiency in modern game development software.
- Strong technical knowledge of real-time engine budgets and optimizations.
- Knowledge and expertise of the fundamental art principles (color, composition, value/ lighting, anatomy, form, perspective).
- Iterative and agile approach to visual development.
- A deep artistic toolbox with multiple approaches to visual development and problem solving.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, and concisely to team, peers, and management.
- Able to level up junior artists through coaching and mentoring.
- Comfortable with both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- Have a passion for games and understand game development processes.
- Professional attitude and work ethic.
- Excellent soft skills and teamwork.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in Unity.
- Technical knowledge in PBR, Lighting and Python.
- Portfolio demonstrating hard surface modeling.
We are committed to building a diverse, open-minded and inclusive culture at Hit Factor. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you do not have a Gmail account, you will not be able to complete this application form. If you do not have a Gmail account, please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Senior 3D Game Artist” in the subject line.