Who we are
How we work
Find and enhance existing live ops engines to build games with strategic partners quicker and more efficiently
Games-as-a-service focus designed to be dynamic, engaging and constantly evolving based on live KPIs
Designed with mechanics and systems that drive long term competition and engagement
As a Hit Factor studio, Ion Games is focused on bringing grand strategy to the blockchain, and is thrilled to be working closely with Gala Games to develop Echoes of Empire, a sci-fi 4X strategy game like no other.
Join our team
The Systems Designer at Hit Factor will take an active role in designing, implementing and iterating on features across our games.
The Systems Designer is responsible for identifying opportunities to grow or expand the game in conjunction with product management, and for ensuring that those opportunities enter the game with the highest possible degree of fun and engaging gameplay. The Systems Designer is expected to be able to give and receive feedback constructively and work collaboratively across disciplines. The position will also call on the candidate to regularly assist other designers on an as needed basis.
Systems Designers are expected to have familiarity with at least three of the major domains of Design, including combat, content, level, narrative, systems, and technical, and can highlight demonstrated successes shepherding features from incubation to release. Finally, the Systems Designer is expected to be an avid gamer, familiar with top trends and titles in the industry, passionate about F2P games, and interested in the potential of NFT and blockchain to enhance gameplay experiences for our players.
- Design and implement game features that deliver on the creative vision established by the Product Owner and the Design standards established by the design leadership.
- Own the vision and coordinate the full development of features with a multi-disciplinary team while producing the best possible gameplay experience.
- Write and maintain clear, concise design documentation, including responsibility for UI mockups, art requests and baseline technical documentation.
- Serve as a senior expert on at least two Design domains, including system design, combat design, content design, narrative design and technical implementation.
- Accurately estimate tasks, anticipate challenges and implement solutions to produce quality gameplay experiences through all stages of production.
- Regularly participate in playtests of and offer constructive feedback on feature development across the entirety of the product, and receive feedback in kind.
- Communicate effectively and clearly within and across teams, and to the game community as necessary.
- Willingness to accommodate multiple responsibilities and to adapt to a rapidly changing creative environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrable success owning the end-to-end development at least three (3) major game features on one (1) or more AAA games
- Credited with at least one (1) AAA game launch in a Design role
- Demonstrable experience working within at least three (3) Design domains: combat, content, level, narrative, systems or technical
- Five (5) or more years of professional video game Design experience or three (3) years and a completed degree equivalent in Game Design
- At least one (1) demonstrable success in resolving challenges blocking development in a cross-disciplinary setting.
- Domain experience in systems design is required to fulfill the domain requirements for this role.
- Demonstrably strong mathematical ability, especially with economies and item balance.
- Able to articulate the steps that one would take to properly balance a system
- Demonstrable success in developing systems for AAA games
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with design principles and expectations for 4X titles, particularly space epics like Stellaris, Endless Space and Starborne.
For this position, professional experience with Unity on a released title is desired.
We are committed to building a diverse, open-minded and inclusive culture at Hit Factor. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you do not have a Gmail account, you will not be able to complete this application form. If you do not have a Gmail account, please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio by email to email@example.com and include “Systems Designer” in the subject line.