Who we are
How we work
Find and enhance existing live ops engines to build games with strategic partners quicker and more efficiently
Games-as-a-service focus designed to be dynamic, engaging and constantly evolving based on live KPIs
Designed with mechanics and systems that drive long term competition and engagement
Join our team
Hit Factor is looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to join our growing team. As a Lead Game Designer, you will use your expertise and creativity to lead other designers and inspire our first-party development teams. We expect a strong understanding of player experience, system design, and balancing. Our Game Designers work closely with developers, artists, and other designers, and can iterate quickly to create amazing games to delight millions of players around the world.
If you are passionate about game systems and mechanics, love analyzing various digital and board games, and love working with people, you might be a great fit for the Hit Factor’s Lead Designer role.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and art leadership to design and implement new game features. Build and lead the implementation of fun, engaging in-game mechanics, systems, events, and other game content.
- Establish new, and fortify existing, game design practices by building clear and complete game design documentation for core game systems and features.
- Assess and apply candid, qualitative, and quantitative feedback to improve game design, balance, and promote a culture of creative ownership.
- Set priorities and goals for your work and the work of the team.
- Prototype and iterate in Unity to adjust and improve existing assets and mechanics.
- Identify challenges with gameplay mechanics, game content, and workflow processes and find creative solutions via rapid prototyping (digital and analog).
- Motivate and inspire the team with new ideas.
- 5+ years of professional experience in game design (or equivalent coursework) with a preference for the PC gaming experience.
- Deep understanding of economy and gameplay balancing and tuning.
- Experience with roadmap planning and backlog grooming.
- Experience writing clear and concise specification documents, user flows, and feature documentation.
- Solid knowledge of free-to-play games.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Some C# and Unity knowledge or C++ and Unreal Engine.
- Experience supporting a live title.
NICE TO HAVE
- Familiarity with the MOBA and 4X game genres on PC or Mobile.
- Familiarity with premium games.
- Some Blender or other 3D software.
We are committed to building a diverse, open-minded and inclusive culture at Hit Factor. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you do not have a Gmail account, you will not be able to complete this application form. If you do not have a Gmail account, please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio by email to email@example.com and include “Lead Game Designer” in the subject line.